Monday, June 13, 2011

Breakfast Smoothie

Hello! Sorry I have not written in awhile; things have been busy lately!

Anyway, I wanted to start off the week with a delicious recipe for a breakfast smoothie (or an anytime smoothie). This was a perfect way to start my Monday.

Ingredients:
  1. Frozen or fresh strawberries (about 4-5)
  2. 1 banana 
  3. 1/2 cup of plain non-fat yogurt (I like Horizon's Organic) 
  4. 1/2 cup of low-fat milk
  5. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  6. Any extra supplement. I used 1 tablespoon of flax seed plus 1/2 packet of Emergenc-C. 

Steps:
  1. Combine all of the ingredients into the blender. 
  2. BLEND!
  3. Pour and enjoy! 
Approximate Calories for "Breakfast Smoothie"

I don't normally calculate this, but I think it's useful for this recipe so that you can alter it to your needs. At first, I didn't think it would be enough calories, but it was just the right amount. :)

1. Strawberries (4 medium size) = 16 cals, 0 fat
2. Banana (medium size) = 90 cals, 0 fat
3. Yogurt = 55 cals, 0 fat
4. Milk = 50 cals, 1.75 g fat, 0.75 g sat fat
5. PB = 95 cals, 8 g fat, 1 g sat fat
6. Flax seed: 37 cals, 3 g fat
7. Emergen-C: 13 cals

TOTAL: 
356 cals 
9.75 g fat
1.75 g sat fat 

Not bad!
Great way to start your day- enjoy!

Love,
Dana

Calorie Sources:
(www.thecaloriecounter.com)
(http://www.caloriesinabanana.net/) 
(http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-flaxseed-i12220)

No comments:

Post a Comment