Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In a Post-Vacation Funk

I'm in a funk. I think I have post-vacation depression. This happens when you have had a great, yet emotionally draining week, and find yourself back to reality with bills to pay, people to call, and shit that has to get done. No fun. Needless to say, my post-vacation funk affects my eating, my exercising, and the way that my pants currently fit.

So what to do? After lying in bed for way too long watching random documentaries on netflix, I decided it was time to get up, and go to the grocery store. I have no food in my house, which makes it especially difficult to eat healthy. . . or at all. Soooo, little by little, I put my clothes back on (I wasn't naked in bed; just in a t-shirt, no bra, and boxers), and draaagged myself to the lovely, oh so beautiful, and charming City Market of Greeley, CO.

I wandered around like a zombie for one hour- yes one whole hour at City Market. I analyzed each and every product I picked up. I enjoyed comparing the Kroger mustard to the fancy brand and found no difference in ingredients. I thought especially hard about splurging on Tillamook cheese, picked it up several times, and finally decided to buy it after removing four other items in order to afford it.

Never come to the grocery store with me when I'm in this mood. You will go crazy. I, however, enjoyed it immensely, and I think I am re-inspired to cook myself a healthy meal. I'm thinking pasta with veggies, and a nice pork loin.

Well, I guess I'm back- I've got enough energy to write this blog at least. That must be a good sign. Maybe after I go to the gym tomorrow, I will be re-inspired to write in my usual health-magazine-style way. Until then, I've gotta unpack some groceries, do some homework, and try to get back on track. 
Thanks for reading about my mopiness!

Love,
Dana

I promise I'll get to those requests soon. . . Just give me a few days (maybe weeks). :)

3 comments:

  1. I love you and miss you immensely poopsie. Every time i read your blog, I can picture you saying all the same things while i sit on your bed and you clean your room :) I hope you had a wonderful time in CB but please come back to Boulder soon. We miss you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your mopiness are so amusing ;) Come visit us soon, poopsie roo! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the grocery store fun!! I miss those days at Costco and Safeway in Tacoma! :) I find myself doing it sometimes...and actually it does end up saving you a lot of money when you really think about what to buy! When I rush through, I end up getting random things like pop tarts.

    I'm sorry you have post-vacation depression! Happens to the best of us.

    ReplyDelete