Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Might Need a Wheelchair Tomorrow

Due to the fact that I was hanging out with Becca Davidson and Laura Coe for most of the weekend, I burned an exceptional amount of calories. These women are so buff. Becca, being the sprint-up-hill type of gal that she is, took us to a life changing/butt changing group fitness class. . .
This class, taught by a very pretty and tan woman, kicked my ass harder than anyone has ever kicked it before. It was harder than running up a hill for 3 hours.

The "torture" consisted of 30 minutes of sweat-dripping, heart-pounding, leg-burning spinning followed by 45 MINUTES of "Black-Swan-esq" ballet sculpting. The whole idea is that your legs will fall off after you are done.

At one point, I imagined myself losing control and falling off of my bike due to lack of oxygen; at another point I visualized myself running outside and puking up the gourmet food of that day (which happened to Laura- but she has altitude to blame).

After an hour and fifteen minutes of these visions, I completed the class, and never felt better! Not only is it soooo fun to workout with your friends (you cry and laugh together: minus Becca who just laughs the whole time), it is awesome to work that hard.
I cannot tell you how rare it is to find a class that is this challenging. Sorry Zumba- it's not the same level of intensity, no matter how hard I shake my hips.

Unfortunately, my UNC gym does not offer classes like these ones. If I have any hope of "chiziling" my butt/hips/inner thighs/calfs/ARMS, I will have to drive to Denver. This of course presents an obvious dilemma- which is that of driving far distances to work out. Since it was so insanely wonderful, I may have to break my own rules and drive down a couple of times this week (anyone can join for one free week).

Thanks Becca and Laura for reminding me that there are crazier people than myself, AND for helping me stay fit over Memorial Day weekend. Love you!!!!

xoxoxoxox,
Dana 

If you live in the Denver area, check out this gym. It rocks!!
http://www.qidenver.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment